NeighborWorks® Home Solutions partners with the City of Council Bluffs Community Development Department to offer the Infill Homebuyer New Construction Program, which provides down payment and closing cost assistance to individuals and families that qualify.
Homebuyer Education is required for the Infill Program. Please contact our partners at Family Housing Advisory Services for details at (402) 934-7921.
Down Payment Assistance Loan
- Available based on income-eligibility
- Up to $30,000 toward down payment & closing costs
- 0% interest
- No monthly payment
- Forgivable over 10 years
- Annual gross household income cannot exceed the guidelines established by HUD, 80% or less of area median income
- Must invest at least $1,000 of your own funds toward the purchase of the home
- Need to obtain a qualified mortgage from a lender of your choice
- Must complete a HUD-approved Homebuyer Education Workshop, as referred by NWHS
- Must reside in the home as your primary residence during the life of the down payment assistance loan